Some call him the ‘King of romance’ and others call him a ‘marketing genius’; but whatever may be the case, Shah Rukh Khan one of the most famous and influential faces around the world. Apart from his work, he is more often than not dragged into controversies. You may love him or hate him, but you most definitely cannot ignore him.
“I sell dreams, and I peddle love to millions of people,” yes that’s how Shah Rukh Khan described what he does as he spoke for the TED Talks India: Nayi Soch.
And in his usual charming yet self-deprecating style, SRK gave us perils of wisdom which quite frankly will change the way you look at life.
King Khan’s speech showed that he knows his way with words or witticisms as he delivered TED’s customary 18-minute talk with panache, laced with thoughtful musings on TED2017’s theme — The Future You. Here are five life lessons that we really need to learn from SRK’s TED talk.
1. You can use your energy to spread the darkness of destruction or you can use it to spread the joy of light to millions.
In the present day and age, tempers are flaring at the drop of the hat. We have so much darkness around us, in our hearts and in our minds that it looks like the dark night will never ever end. We use our energy for the all the wrong things. Wouldn’t it be simpler if used it to spread joy and make someone happy? This simple yet profound life lesson by SRK is what we all need to learn and in-cooperate into our daily lives.
2. The present you is brave. The present you is hopeful. The present you is innovative and resourceful
No matter how tough the situation gets or trying the circumstances is never give up hope. Even though we all strive to be perfect always remember that the present you has what it takes. And in our struggle to move ahead in life we more often than not are too critical about ourselves. SRK gives us a simple mantra for life, a lesson to remember. So the next time you think that life is not going anywhere, say these lines to yourself.
3. Whatever moves you, whatever urges you to create, build, whatever keeps you from failing, whatever helps you survive, is perhaps the oldest and the simplest emotion is known to mankind, and that is love
Love is, without a doubt, one of the purest emotions in the world. It keeps you grounded it and it also gives you strength. And in this present day and age, it is something that all of us need. It is the simplest and the oldest emotion on this Earth. Another life lesson from SRK, love is what that needs to be spread around, it is the only emotion that will help you survive.
4. Use your power to build walls and keep people outside or you may use it to break barriers and welcome them in. You may use your faith to make people afraid and terrify them into submission. Or you can use it to give courage to people, so they rise to the greatest heights of enlightenment.
Power and faith are two untapped channels of energy. They bring people together in strange ways. And strangely enough, they have a lot in common than what you can think. Both can give you new directions along with giving you the strength to reach no heights.
Sadly, both are used to build barriers and terrify people into submission. What SRK says is that don’t let power and faith blind you let it be the ways and means to set you free.
5. You went wherever life took you for work, and people were mostly welcoming of you … Most important, you were who you were, and you said what you thought.
Talking about the simpler facets of life, SRK points out to the fact that how people have become complicated. He says they have become mediums of judgment. Things we simpler before the internet boom, people and life were less complex and things made more sense. Humanity has aged with the coming on the internet it has got corrupted. All we need to remember is that no matter what, being real in the world obsessed with the virtual world is not that difficult.